Sat, Mar 28|
Lake Superior State University
POSTPONED ~ Scuba Certification, Sault Ste Marie (Mar 28-30)
Breathe in a new life of adventure! Learn to dive to explore Great Lakes Shipwrecks or travel to warm climates to discover the wonders of the ocean! Ages 10+ invited to attend.
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2020, 6:00 PM – Mar 30, 2020, 10:00 PM
Lake Superior State University, 650 W Easterday Ave, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783, USA
About the event
Get a basic understanding of the principles of scuba diving and be able to safely perform necessary skills in open water.
During this course you will:
- Complete online studies at home
- Learn your scuba skills and practice bouyancy control during confined water pool sessions
- Demonstrate your knowledge and skills during open water checkout dives (Summer 2020)
- Earn your Scuba Diver Certification to do recreational scuba diving to a depth of 80 feet
Course fee includes:
- eLearning online
- All pool training sessions
- Open water checkout dives (Summer 2020. Students choice of dates and dive location)
- 6-month subscription to Dive Training Magazine
- Introductory DAN (Diver's Alert Network) student insurance policy
- Use of scuba gear, excluding personal gear (reference Personal Gear topic below)
- $100 credit on account for use on personal gear (reference Personal Gear topic below)
Personal gear: Each student needs their own personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins and boots). Students receive discounts on these items purchased from Dive & Glide.
Personal gear credit: Each student receives a $100 credit on account for personal gear items when participating in this course. Upon completion of registration forms, students receive a list of gear available at Dive & Glide, noting their discounted student pricing. After student discounts and the $100 credit are applied, the balance due on personal gear items should be paid on or before the first pool session when students receive their items.
Meeting dates for this course:
- Saturday, March 28, 2020, 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Sunday, March 29, 2020, 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Monday, March 30, 2020, 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Course fee is $649 per person:
- $300 due at time of registration
- $149 due 3/13/2020
- $200 due at the time of open water checkout dives
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS.
Ages 10+ are invited to attend. Medical form and waiver must be on file prior to participation. Students must successfully complete online training and pool skills prior to enrolling in open water checkout dive dates.
Course size is limited; register early to guarantee your spot.
QUESTIONS? CALL (989) 486-3627, 11 AM TO 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
Scuba Course, Begins 3/28/2020
This ticket is your deposit for the course. The balance due on this course as per the course payment schedule is $349. Ticket holder is eligible for student discounts and receives a $100 credit on account for use toward personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots). This ticket is non-refundable, but is transferrable to another person or course date.