Wed, Feb 05|
YMCA of Saginaw
Scuba Certification, Saginaw (Feb 5)
Breathe in a new life of adventure! Learn to dive to explore Great Lakes Shipwrecks or travel to warm climates to discover the wonders of the ocean! Ages 10+ invited to attend.
Time & Location
Feb 05, 2020, 6:30 PM – Mar 04, 2020, 9:30 PM
YMCA of Saginaw, 1915 Fordney St, Saginaw, MI 48601, USA
About the event
Get a basic understanding of the principles of scuba diving and be able to safely perform necessary skills in open water.
During this course you will:
- Complete online studies at home and/or participate in classroom sessions with your scuba instructor
- Learn your scuba skills and practice bouyancy control during confined water pool sessions
- Demonstrate your knowledge and skills during open water checkout dives
- Earn your Scuba Diver Certification to do recreational scuba diving to a depth of 80 feet
Course fee includes:
- All pool training sessions
- Open water checkout dives (Students choice of dates and dive location)
- 6-month subscription to Dive Training Magazine
- Introductory DAN (Diver's Alert Network) student insurance policy
- Use of scuba gear, excluding personal gear (reference Personal Gear topic below)
Personal gear: Each student needs their own personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins and boots). Students receive discounts on these items purchased from Dive & Glide.
Meeting dates for this course:
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020, from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020, from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 25, 2020, from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020, from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Course fee is $400 per person:
- $200 due at time of registration
- $200 due at the time of open water checkout dives
Training materials or eLearning online:
- Students may choose to study via eLearning online, or with traditional books/study kit
- Cost of training materials varies based on type chosen
- Cost of training materials is not included in the course fee
- For training materials pricing, see store for details or call (989) 486-3627
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS.
Ages 10+ are invited to attend. Medical form and waiver must be on file prior to participation. Students must successfully complete online training and pool skills prior to enrolling in open water checkout dive dates.
QUESTIONS? CALL (989) 486-3627, 11 AM TO 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
Scuba Course, Begins 2/5/2020
This ticket is your registration fee for this course. Ticket holder is eligible for student discounts on personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots). This ticket is non-refundable, but is transferrable to another person or course date.